A routine schedule for the Cleaning and Disinfecting of Sintered Ag-AgCl Electrodes helps assure accurate EEG signals and the reuse of electrodes between different participants. Furthermore, you will preserve the excellent characteristics of your electrodes and will ensure a long product life.
- Clean the residual paste off the Sintered Ag-AgCl Electrodes softly immediately after use.
- Soak the electrodes for about 30 minutes in warm water (up to 50 degrees Celsius), so that the remaining paste can dissolves off quickly into the water. Use a soft brush for removing paste residues from the electrodes only if absolutely necessary.
- After cleaning use a cotton ball to wipe each electrodes. Then soak the electrodes for about 1 hour in 1% diluted bleach solution (1000 ppm sodium hypochlorite).
(Household bleach has a concentration of 52,500ppm of available chlorine (5.25% Sodium Hypochlorite). A 1:500 dilution of household bleach provides the 100ppm concentration required)
- Rinse the electrode in tap water afterwards for several times. Dry the electrodes softly, with hand paper, Store the electrodes in a dark dry place.
- Be gentle with the connection point where the electrodes attach to the lead wire.
- Don’t use toothbrush to scrub the electrode to avoid scrubbing too aggressively.
- Don’t touch other metals.
- Don’t put the electrodes nor the wire in any corrosive liquid.
- Don’t left residual paste on any part of the electrodes or wire.